Why is a professional translator necessary?
Multilingual content is important for those who think about the various ways they can translate their content. Let’s now discuss the importance and quality of professional translation. It’s clear that you have put so much effort into creating your product. You would love for your customers to love your product, regardless of their language. You wouldn’t want your website, product brochure or label to ruin their impression.
Visual perception is of paramount importance in today’s connected world. An attractive layout that includes carefully selected images and a well-designed layout won’t be enough to present the product in its entirety.Kings of Translation Consumers will need to read the entire description before they make a decision. This is where quality of the translated content is compared to the product’s quality. How can you achieve high-quality translated content? How can you find a professional translator? You could use online machine translation software for free. What are the translation service providers? And should you use them? This article will discuss why professional translation is important for your business.
The human factor: What machines can’t learn
It is unlikely that you will find an internet user who does not know about machine translation services online and has never used them. These resources are extremely popular and readily accessible. So the obvious question is: Why should we use a translator? Perhaps we can trust a robot to translate business documents. How can you be certain that the machine intelligence has correctly translated the meaning of the translated text? Machine translation is more than enough to convey your emotions to a friend while you are on vacation in a foreign country.
Even the smallest ambiguity in interpretation can have costly consequences when it comes to internet telephony hardware requirements, construction specification sheets, or medical equipment manuals. It’s not always appropriate for certain terms to be used in certain contexts, even if there is a clear terminological basis. Marketing texts should be translated from the core of the phrase, not the text. Idiomatic phrases are used frequently in communication. Because of their uniqueness, they can’t be translated literaly from one language to another. Do you think machines can correctly recognize these expressions? Every language has idioms. These are the results of a specific culture and environment.
To say in Ukrainian “beat your brains“, you would say “sushiti golovu chimos” (literally “to drain one’s brains by using something).
Does special education have to be compulsory for translators?
What criteria should you use to select a translator? What educational background should translators have. What can we do to find out more about the work experience and qualifications of translators? These are questions that anyone who has ever looked for translation services will have encountered. Sometimes the role of professional translators isn’t obvious. However, when we need medical assistance, we prefer to have it from a Doctor in Medicine. A vehicle mechanic wouldn’t be trusted to mount your air conditioner system. They say horses are better than courses.
Let’s say one of your employees speaks a foreign language. Does that mean he or she can translate well into other languages? Can you ensure that your employee has the skills and capabilities necessary to make sure foreign customers can use your product safely? How can you ensure that your translations and localisations are accurate and correct?
Translators need linguistic knowledge — this is a must — and often have an additional university degree (e.g., in Finance, Pharmacy, IT, or Economics). This person is able to work with both the rules and conventions of their native language, as well as those learned at university in foreign languages. Translators are skilled in translating certain words, phrases, and tenses into another language. A professional translator also has a solid understanding and experience of the subject matter. This allows them to use correct terminology when necessary.
Translators who are professionals prefer to translate into their native languages because they understand the nuances of that language. Translators can ensure that the message is delivered in their native language.
Translators can use all of their knowledge and skills to translate into foreign languages, but they cannot guarantee that it will sound the same as a native speaker. Sometimes, it’s the only way to go, such as when there are rare combinations of languages or when you have to create content in another language. For business translations, it is a good idea to add proofreading and editing services by native-speaking linguists. This will ensure that your message is preserved and the text flows smoothly. This is to ensure quality.
Time is another important aspect. Professional translators can translate between 2000 and 3000 words per day depending on the language combination. This volume drops by half when translating into another language. Translations performed by someone who lacks relevant skills, experience, and/or expertise can result in a lower daily output.
It turns out that translators must be not only skilled and competent, but also productive. Working with a translation agency will guarantee you all of these things.
The non-obvious aspects to working with a translator service provider
There are many benefits to working with a translation agency, also known as translation service providers. Some of these benefits are hidden behind closed doors.
- Two heads are better that one. Doctors need to consult a Concilium in order to get the correct diagnosis. A translation agency is the same — translating an advertisement slogan sometimes requires all members of the team.
- You don’t need to worry about vacation, sick leave, or how many hours your employee works. You are paying for the work completed, not hours worked.
- Special tools are used by translation agencies to use customer-preferred terminology, repurpose data from previous translations, and perform spelling and other checks. Additional costs may be incurred for the maintenance and purchase of such software.
- Quality checks are performed at all stages of the translation process, including after editing and proofreading. You can set up predefined quality checks that allow you to spot and correct common and specific errors. Translation agencies can also provide independent quality reviews for customers who have doubts about the quality of their translation. This ensures that the best quality output is provided.
* Translation agencies usually only work with native speakers, as per their professional ethics and industry needs. The translated content sounds and looks as though it was written in the target language.
Do you want to receive an expert opinion?
Get in touch
Use this site
Translation services can be cheaper without sacrificing quality
It will surprise you to learn that working with a localization agent can help you save money. Here are some examples.
- You must pay the salary of an in-house translator when you hire them. You will only pay for the work done by a translation agency. The budget you have will help you plan how much money you spend on translation.
- usa translation agency follows the industry standard. This means that translation costs are calculated based on how many words need to be translated. All translations are stored in a translation memory. This means that you only have to pay for the translations when you update content previously translated. Software dedicated to tracking previously translated content saves time and money.
- You need to find and choose experts in the field you are working with. Not all translators can translate contracts, datasheets, or fiction books equally well. This assumes that you only need a written translation. But what if you require simultaneous translations? The agency will provide you with an expert team, a terminologist and an editor to meet all your project requirements.
- You will need to involve quality assurance specialists when hiring a translator. You can only check the translation after it is complete. Agency workflows include mandatory quality assurance by multiple professionals at different stages of the project, as well as final verification by an outside expert. This allows you to save time and money, but also comes with a price.
- It is crucial to ensure that your translated document is properly formatted and displayed after it has been placed on a website or application. Usa translation agency provides this verification at no cost.