Are you looking out for an opportunity to become a virtual assistant with no prior experience? No worries! It doesn’t take much to get started in this virtual assistant career. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
A virtual assistant commonly referred to as “VA” is a business entrepreneur who provides online business support utilities to valuable clients in various industries across the globe from their remote location on virtual basis i.e virtually. The virtual assistants provide business services from home or any remote location.
The services offered by the virtual assistants can comprise everything from administrative tasks to social media to teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA can manage the social media accounts and back-office of a traveling coach while they are based in Australia or India. These are just two examples.
Virtual assistants will need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn connects professionals and newcomers in a specific field.
LinkedIn is populated by professionals in every industry. You can get in touch with the professional experts to stay up to date.
You can educate yourself by learning and observing them.
The VA offers four major divisions for remote services:
General Administrative services
- Below listed are a few admin services you can provide to your client as a Virtual Assistant:
- Cold calling or cold calling prospects and clients to book sales appointments, or solicit a donation. To narrow down the target audience, the market research must be done.
- Regular follow up with valuable clients/customers through online or offline correspondence mode.
- Electronic Calendar Management lets you record and mark events on an electronic schedule.
- File folder Management (manage, organize and manage their files with Google Dri veetc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Book Hotel Room and Flight Bookings
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for online courses, webinars and conferences, or other meetings.
- Monitor and recruit remote freelance employees, like a web editor or video editor.
- Personal jobs: booking events and restaurants, booking surprise gifts, reserving tables, shifting homes, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
This is a way to market product or service using digital technology. The mode can be promoted online, including mobile phones and other digital sources.
Digital marketing strategies such as Search Engine Marketing or Search Engine Optimisation are spreading all over the globe. VA services are required for the many options.
Within each digital marketing strategy, there lies lots of scope for improvement, so measuring each strategy is very important.
According to Digital marketing, Metrics matters everything and analytics are king.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. Online marketers promote products and increase brand awareness to consumers worldwide.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization). – Search Engine Optimization – This is the practice that SEO and e-commerce companies use to increase traffic, maximize visitor count and populate their websites using optimization methods. Both online and offline modes can be used to optimize your website.
- SMO (Social Media Optimization) – The Social media optimization is the process to increasing the brand name, awareness and popularity of the product across the social media platforms and groups to gain public attention.
- Facebook Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a facebook page and keeping a constant follow-up. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity.
- Twitter Advertising – Online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating a twitter account. Follow up is encouraged. The advertisers create advertisements in order to gain popularity.
- Instagram marketing – To build brand awareness, online marketers should create an Instagram account and maintain a consistent follow up. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- YouTube Marketing allows users to upload videos and generate virality among the millions of viewers. Create a channel and upload videos on various topics like fashion, child psychology and hair styling.
- Pinterest Advertising Pinterest marketing is the use of Pinterest to increase awareness about products and services. Pinterest is used to drive traffic to the website and draws audience attention.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is the process of sending commercial content or message targeting the valuable clients or set of people through email mode. Email marketing is used for promoting sales, pitching sales, and to send marketing collaterals directly to targeted individuals.
- Branding: Branding actions by organizations are used to make them distinct from other emerging competition. The purpose of branding is to improve your position in the market. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid Advertising – Online marketers make use to publish paid advertisements on websites and in other search engines, to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples of Creative Jobs which are in demand:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch new product or service – pdf, ebooks, flyers, mock-ups, business cards, banners, etc.
- Video editing
Online Learning Services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode for teaching
A Few Examples:
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English or any other language to students/working professionals/homemakers
2. Teaching services through “How to” video tutorials
These are just a few of the real examples.
- How to make an online course that is successful
- How to create graphics using Picmonkey / Canva / Gimp tools
- How to make use of Google Drive / Drop Box / One Drive and store unlimited data
- How to make instructional movies
- How to bake whole wheat bread/cookies, ice cream cakes, and pancakes.
- How to do party makeup or hair dressing in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable worksheets and PDF workbooks
- How to take professional photographs for Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/Ebay branded affiliate seller
- How to automate Pinterest Marketing
- How to draw faces or images for comics books
- You can find a lot of resources online to help you get familiar with work from home opportunities and learn more about your interests.
Which soft skill match clients for remote work?
These are skills that you’ll need to be a successful remote employee or work with long-term clients.
- Be Professional — You must be more professional in your interactions with clients.
- Don’t hesitate to take initiative – As a virtual business owner you must quickly analyse and comprehend the tasks and then take the initiative to ask any questions promptly without waiting for them to tell you.
- Problem-solving skills You must be able to anticipate problems before they become major crises and to provide solutions to clients.
- Efficiency – Your work efficiency will rise and your efforts to expand the business will be rewarded.
- Persistence It is possible to be given a difficult assignment that has a deadline or where you have to work extra hard to complete it. You’ll be trustworthy and reliable because of your perseverance and ability not to give up, despite the odds.
- Communicate well – Clients will expect you to be open and honest with them. Not being professional is asking clients to remind you or ask questions about your work.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
Which tools does the VA need?
Here are the basics you should know before you accept client work.
- Google Docs For creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox– File sharing tool
- WordPress – for creating and managing websites
- Email market tool MailChimp.
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These companies, also called agencies, serve as a broker to obtain a job for virtual assistants.
Follow the websites such as Indeed, Upwork, Time to find out the virtual assistant jobs.
Be sure to search for the relevant field in your queries and then enter the where and what sections.
Virtual assistant holds job profile Multi-tasking Potential because it covers miscellaneous abilities.
As virtual assistants, they are responsible for providing technical and customer support to law, finance, and start-up companies. You can either start a virtual assistant company or work from home for clients all over the world.
You will need to improve yourself according to your job profile. Virtual assistants can earn between 20,000 and 80,000 dollars annually.
The highest-salary virtual assistants need to work full-time, give executive level support to clients, and provide services like web-designing, developer.