Your dreams of studying at any Australian institute will become possible if you have the Australian Student Visa 500. This visa will allow you to stay in this country throughout the course. When you apply, you should have the relevant offer letter from the educational institution where you will want to apply. Here we list several essential factors that you should remember while applying for the visa.
What Are The Benefits Of Student Visa 500?
- If your visa application is successful, the Australian Visa Subclass 500 will offer you several benefits.
- You can take your course at any eligible Australian university and in any suitable course.
- You can take your family members to Australia with you.
- This visa will allow you to work for 20 hours a week during your study.
Who Can Qualify For The Application?
You can apply for the visa if you satisfy the following Student Visa 500 eligibility criteria.
- Your age should be 6 years or more.
- A confirmation of enrolment of CoE to an eligible and full-time education course will be required.
- English language skills will be required.
- The Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC must be obtained from a valid health insurance provider. This health insurance will be needed throughout the course.
- Necessary health and character requirements will be required to enter Australia.
- You should have enough financial ability to cover tuition and living costs in Australia.
When Should You Lodge Your Application?
Student Visa subclass 500 applications can be lodged onshore or offshore in Australia. If you are inside the country, you should start with the application process before your current visa terminates. And, if you are outside Australia, you should start with the procedure a minimum of 6 weeks before the date of enrolment.
Which Documents Should You Submit?
Before you apply, you must take a thorough look at the Student Visa 500 checklist, including the following documents.
- A confirmation of enrolment or CoE will be required. Also, the institute should be registered with the CRICOS.
- Copies of the biodata pages of your passport should be uploaded.
- As evidence of financial ability, you have to submit the bank account statements.
- You must also provide health insurance evidence.
- Test results of any internationally recognized English language test will be necessary.
- The Department of Home Affairs will also check whether you have any past criminal records.
- You have to submit four copies of recent passport size photographs.
Who Can Be Included In The Visa Application?
You can include your spouse or partner and your partner’s dependent child or any other dependent child whose age is under 18.
What If Your Age Is Less Than 18 Years?
If the age of the applicant is below 18 years, the following measures can be taken.
- A guardian aged more than 21 should be appointed. This person can be a parent or relative living in Australia with a valid visa. The visa should remain valid throughout the course duration or until you turn 18.
- Minor applicants can also provide a CAAW or Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare from the school in Australia that they will attend.
- If you are an exchange student, you should get an AASES (Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student) form and attach the previously obtained CAAW to your application.
- If you are a Foreign Affairs and Defense student, you should obtain the necessary welfare arrangement proof.
How Long Does The Visa Take To Process?
The processing duration of the application depends on several factors, like the volume of application at the time and peaks. Sometimes missing submitting any documents can also delay the process. In general, the Subclass 500 processing time is about 29 days for 75% of applications, while that for 90% of applications is 42 days.
How Can You Use Your Student Visa Subclass 500?
You can use your Australian student visa in several ways.
- If the Department of Home Affairs grants you the visa early, you can enter Australia 3 months before your course starts. After you arrive, you have to give your Australian residence address to your university or educational institute.
- While studying, you can take up employment in any sector, and it should not be more than 20 hours a week. You can only start this work after your course begins at your university.
- Suppose you come here to continue your Masters or Ph. D., there will be no work restrictions imposed on you. A longer duration will be allowed if your employment position is a voluntary one that offers an unpaid or non-profit internship.
Expiry and Renewal
After you get the visa, it will remain valid for your entire course duration. All the applicants should comply with all the visa obligations. The visa will typically expire after 2 months of your course completion. After completed your study on student visa subclass 500, you can apply for Temporary graduate visa 485 if you want to continue your studies in Australia.
How Can You Prove Your Proficiency In The English Language?
If you are coming from or have studied for 5 years or more in a native English speaking country like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland or New Zealand, you will not be required to provide this evidence.
But, if you are from a non-native English speaking country, you must submit the result of any test like IELTS or TOEFL. The required band score will depend on your education level. Even if you have a low test score, the Department can allow you to show relevant proof of enrolment to a course of English language at the time of application. The test results should not be more than 2 years old.
What Will Be The Financial Requirement?
Anyone who applies for the Subclass 500 Student Visa needs to show that they can cover the travel, tuition, and other living costs. The minimum living costs should be AUD 20290 annually, which will exclude the tuition fees. If your parents or spouse sponsors you, they have to show to earn at least AUD 60000 annually.
Exceptions can be made for exchange students. They will only need to provide the Accepted Advice of Secondary Exchange Students. You will also be exempt from the financial requirement if you have any evidence of welfare support issued by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Department of Defense.
Read More – Pathway to Pr with graduate visa 485
Relevant Student Health Cover
Without relevant student health cover, you cannot make the application. The Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC should be obtained from a valid provider, and it should remain valid throughout your course.
For a Student Visa to enter Adelaide or anywhere in Australia, you should have a genuine temporary entrant or GTE. It will prove that you will return to your home country after your study in Australia ends, and your visa expires.
As proof of your intent to return to your home country, you have to include information about your family and social ties, employment ties, and previous visa applications in the statement. Any migration agent in Adelaide can help you.
Hiring an Migration Agent Adelaide will smoothen your application procedure and release much stress. So, you should always contact the best agency to hire such a professional.